In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, students have the choice of either face to face tuition or online tuition via Skype. Both methods of teaching have their own benefits and with the technology available, it is possible to communicate musically and with good progress online. If you choose to have lessons in person, I have undertaken a full risk assessment of my teaching environment and below are the measures I have put in place to mitigate any risks.
- If any of your household or someone you have been in contact with develops symptoms you must inform me and do not attend lessons until the government guidance and period of isolation has been carried out. Alternative arrangements can be made during that period (e.g. Skype) should anyone find themselves in that situation.
- I will be taking students' temperatures and asking students to wash their hands on arrival, I will also be cleaning the environment between each lesson. (e.g. Piano keys, stationary, stools, chairs, table)
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the lesson.
- The teaching room is well ventilated and the layout has been arranged to allow for social distancing of at least 2m. A face covering is worn by myself during lessons, and I encourage students to also wear a face covering, however this is optional.
- Please be prompt with drop off and pick up to help avoid students overlapping.
- I ask that each student brings their own stationary, i.e. books, pencil and rubber to avoid sharing materials.
This policy is subject to be updated in accordance with Government Guidelines.